Good Afternoon, Senior Symphony!
Thanks very much for the hard work last night and for your continued progress in all areas of our preparation. Due to your work and focus, we are in good shape going into professional sectionals with our guest coaches from the Milwaukee Symphony, Milwaukee Ballet, and the universities next week.
Our sectional priorities for Monday, October 4, are listed below. Please come 100% prepared (to the very best of your ability) and please bring any questions you may have for your student section leaders and our guest coaches.
1) Prokofiev (All Movements)
2) Rachmaninov Piano Concerto (All Movements)
If those two works are finished off well, then you may certainly move to the Shostakovich or Berlioz for review and refinement.
- 5:20 Report
- 5:30-7:30 Sectionals
- Sergei Prokofiev, Romeo and Juliet from Suite 1 and 2, op. 64
- Sergei Rachmaninov, Piano Concerto, No. 2, op. 18 in c
- Violin 1 – Paul Hauer, Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra, Lorraine Hansberry Studio
- Violin 2 – Alex Ayers, Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra, Mozart Studio
- Viola – Samantha Rodriguez, Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra, Duke Ellington Studio
- Cello, Adrien Zitoun, Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra, Shostakovich Studio
- Bass – John Babbitt, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Martha Graham Studio
- Woodwinds – Kevin Pearl, Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra, Mahler Studio
- Brass – Don Sipe, Principal, Milwaukee Ballet Orchestra & Present Music, Conservatory Hall
- Percussion – Ben Haimann and Tobie Wilkinson, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, Youth Arts Hall
- 7:45-8:45 Full Orchestra
- Berlioz, V. Dream of the Witches Sabbath
- Prokofiev Romeo and Juliet All Mvts.
- Rachmaninov Piano Concerto No. 2, Mvt. 1 and 3
- 5:20 Report
- 5:30-7:00 Full Orchestra
- 7:15-8:00 Full Orchestra
- 8:15-8:45 Full Orchestra