Who We Are: Since 1956, The Milwaukee Youth Symphony Orchestra (MYSO) has been nurturing, challenging and inspiring young minds through music. MYS0 is the largest and one of the most successful and respected after school youth orchestra programs in the nation. We serve more than 6,000 students ages 8-18, and MYSO is regularly recognized for its artistic excellence.
About the Role: We are looking for an Office Manager to join our ensemble. The Office Manager is responsible for the efficient and effective functioning of the MYSO office through a range of administrative, financial, and managerial tasks. Key areas of responsibility include Board of Director support office maintenance, accounts receivable, volunteer management, and general office support work. This position requires a highly organized professional to take on our administrative tasks and keep our office running smoothly.
What it takes to be our Office Manager: Successful candidates will have a minimum of 3 years in office administration/management, a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or commensurate work experience, and a verified track record of being a self-starter with strong time management skills, attention to detail, a focus on accuracy, and the ability to consistently meet timelines. This position is ideal for someone who:
- has knowledge of accounts receivable principles and practices;
- is proficient in current and new office technologies, including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, Video, Audio and other technologies;
- has excellent communication and interpersonal skills with experience in taking meeting minutes at a corporate level;
- has exceptional customer service skills and demonstrates strong collaboration skills;
- demonstrates the ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality;
- is a high energy individual with the ability to work in a fast-paced and at times stressful environment;
Experience in the nonprofit sector and Spanish language fluency are a plus.
This position requires the ability to travel as needed to attend events; and the ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and skills.
What We Offer:
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Short term disability insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Savings retirement plan
Interested in joining our ensemble?
To apply for the Office Manager position, please send letter of interest and resume to Connie Kling, HR Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls or walk-ins, please.
Final candidates must pass MYSO’s post-offer, pre-employment testing, including a criminal background check.
The Milwaukee Youth Symphony Orchestra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.