I’m looking forward to our rehearsal tomorrow night! (Thursday, October 20) We have two more rehearsals before we perform at the Sharon Lynn Wilson Center on October 30, and I can’t wait to see how much progress we’ll make at our final rehearsals.
I hope you’ve had a chance to practice some of the rehearsal spots I highlighted in the message I sent a few weeks ago (see below). It’s not too late to continue working towards excellence in performance! Thank you for doing your best to keep up with all the important activities you navigate every day.
Also, congrats on a great start with MYSO’s Play Your Part Fundraising campaign! I’ve included a Play Your Part fundraiser campaign update at the bottom of this message. We are doing very well thanks to your efforts, and I’d like to see our numbers continue to climb! Please review the information at the very bottom if you haven’t set up your fundraising page – the process is quick and easy!
Play Your Part Performance Details:
- When: Sunday, October 30
- Where: Sharon Lynn Wilson Center for the Arts in Brookfield
- Philharmonia Report Time at the Wilson Center: 4:50 pm
- Philharmonia Performance Time at the Wilson Center: 5:35 pm (30 minute performance)
- Performance Attire: See attached document
- All MYSO Ensemble Performance Times on October 30: Click the link below
- Admission: Invite your family and friends to the Play Your Part concert to support you! As our gift to the community, no tickets are required to attend this full day of free concerts on two different stages (seating is open)! Families are encouraged to hear other ensembles, too. Stop by as many concerts as you’d like. Click this link to see the full performance schedule for the day: https://myso.org/events/play-your-part-2022/
Thanks for your attention to these important details. See you soon!
Philharmonia Orchestra Fall Cycle Practice List:
Letter C to letter D (everyone)
Letter E to letter F (everyone)
First violins at F
Melodic fragments in the violin and woodwind sections between letter F & G
First violins at G
Descending chromatic eighth notes in the woodwinds before letter I
Off the string eighth note passage starting in the 13th measure of I
Woodwind eighth notes 16 before K
Woodwind eighth notes starting in the 5th measure of K
Violins L to the Animato
Everyone faster at Animato!
Section entrance and rhythmic accuracy N to the end
Slavonic Dance No. 8
Confident and more refined melody throughout the piece
Lighter and shorter offbeats throughout the piece
Violin and viola sections softer and improved rhythmic accuracy at letter A and letter K (all notes placed correctly after the down beat of each measure)
Confident and more refined woodwinds at G, H, etc.
Improved accuracy, strength, and forward motion Coda to the end
Thunder and Lightning
Aim for a performance tempo marking of quarter note = 158. (if not now, then over the next few weeks)
Listening Links “do you hear what I hear…” 😊
Danse Macabre – Camille Saint-Saens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLLvq91kmj0
Slavonic Dance No. 8 – Antonin Dvorak: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmFKOhX7r-o
Thunder and Lightning – Johann Strauss: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4CoVNcBXeg
Attendance Information: Please continue to make Philharmonia rehearsal attendance a high priority in your very busy lives. We do our best work when everyone is present and working together to achieve our musical goals. Please notify firstname.lastname@example.org to report any unavoidable absences. (Leave your name, instrument, MYSO ensemble, and reason for the absence.)