Dear String Orchestra South & West Musicians and Families,
Our first concert is quickly approaching, and we are very excited to perform for our families and friends at the beautiful Sharon Lynn Wilson Center! It is challenging to prepare a concert in a short window of time, so here are some ideas to help you sound your best:
- Make your MYSO music a part of your daily practice.
- Identify difficult spots, and focus on mastering those.
- Listen, listen, listen! Revisit the links from your audition preparation. Follow along with your part, and try to play along with the recording.
- Remember to always bring a pencil–and a mask–to all MYSO rehearsals!
These are only a few ideas. We’re sure you can think of many more!
In the next two weeks, let’s focus our energy on creating an inspiring and uplifting experience, playing and sharing our love of music with our audience and each other!
- Combined Rehearsal on Monday, October 11, 6:30 – 7:45 pm
- Combined Rehearsal on Monday, October 18, 6:30 – 7:45 pm
- Combined Dress Rehearsal on Friday, October 22, 6:30 – 8:00 pm
ALL three are at Brookfield East High School, 3305 Lilly Rd, Brookfield.
See you then!
Mrs. Trinkl (South) firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Michels (West) email@example.com