Hello, You Nice People!
First, if you have some time, Go HEAR THE MSO this week (Friday or Saturday). An awesome program that Maestro Ken-David Masur has prepared with the musicians. https://www.mso.org/concerts/alpine-glory/52973/. Come tell me about it next week if you can go! You can go for FREE on Friday!
I really enjoyed our Senior Symphony rehearsal on Monday—thanks once again! We moved through a lot of material and I believe we each discovered some areas for growth, right!?
Thank you for helping us be the very best orchestra possible by studying your music and practicing the tricky parts both before rehearsals and a couple times a week. I did sense some of you really smart people were being dragged along a bit in a few spots. That’s really not what we want, but I know you are busy folks.
Some coaching and encouragement: You are both smart and very experienced young musicians— improvements shouldn’t take a huge amount of time if you use this method—-slow/patient practice along with a metronome and tuner. And then we’ll grow more when we’re together in rehearsals. So proud of you!
…isn’t that Vaughan Williams so very pretty….WOW, and The Wreckers Overture is pretty incredible, too.
- Violin I – Frank Almond
- Violin II – Pamela Simmons
- Viola – Amanda Koch
- Cello – Adrien Zitoun
- Bass – John Babbitt
- Harp – Ann Lobotzke
- Woodwinds – Kevin Pearl
- Brass – Don Sipe
- Percussion – Ben Haimann
Please be prepared on the following for Monday.
Monday, October 3
- 5:20 pm – Report
- 5:30-7:30 pm – Sectionals with Coaches
- 5:30-6:20 pm – Ethyl Smyth, The Wreckers Overture
- 6:20-6:30 pm – Break
- 6:30-7:30 pm – Rimsky-Korsakov, Scheherazade Mvt. 2 and 4
- 7:30-7:45 pm – Break
- 7:45-8:45 pm – Full Orchestra
- 7:45 pm – The Wreckers Overture
- 8:00 pm – Norfolk Rhapsody
- 8:20 pm – Peer Gynt Mvt 3
- 8:30 pm – Rimsky-Korsakov Mvt. 4
Monday, October 10
- 5:20 pm – Report
- 5:30 pm – Rimsky-Korsakov, Scheherazade
- 5:35 pm – Read Mvt 1
- 6:00 pm – Mvt 2
- 6:30 pm – Mvt 4 Run Reh. G-End
- 6:40 pm – Break
- 6:55 pm -Vaughan Williams, Norfolk Rhapsody
- 7:35 pm – Break
- 7:50 pm – Ethyl Smyth, The Wreckers Overture
- 8:15 pm – Edvard Grieg, Peer Gynt, Mvt 1,2,3
- 8:45 pm – Rehearsal End