Anyone eager to become involved in projects within MYSO is encouraged to volunteer. Parents, grandparents and other family and friends supply critical support as organizational volunteers. Areas for which we regularly need volunteer assistance include:
• concert assistance (selling/taking tickets and distributing programs)
• weekly attendance tracking
• assistance at a variety of auditions
• equipment assistance
• data entry and other clerical assistance
• chaperoning at community engagement concerts and at other outside events
• Playathon donation collection
• staffing audition appointment phone line
• assistance at concert receptions
• assisting with the UPAF Ride for the Arts (volunteers needed before and on the day of the Ride)
• and many other projects.
If you would like to volunteer for MYSO, we would appreciate your completing the online volunteer information form as soon as possible so we can begin to plan season volunteer activities. We will contact you via email for assistance as the specific needs arise. Contact Office Manager Casey Manderscheid at 414-267-2943 or firstname.lastname@example.org or more information.
Progressions Intern Program
Progressions, a beginning string orchestra program for third and fourth grade City of Milwaukee students and introductory ensemble Prelude Orchestra, are in need of volunteer interns from the string sections of Senior Symphony, Metropolitan Symphony Orchestra and Philharmonia for the upcoming season. Duties will include (but are not limited to) supervising Progressions musicians during designated practice times and helping instructors during master class and orchestra. If you are interested in gaining volunteer/NHS service hours for the upcoming school year or would just like to volunteer your time for a wonderful cause, please contact Bernard Rahming, Community Partnership Manager, at 414-267-2949 or email@example.com.