Give the Gift of Music
Giving is easy!
We’ve made giving easy. To donate, simply text “MYSO” to 243725 or click “donate now” to give online
Your Support is Crucial
MYSO’s mission is to nurture, challenge and inspire young minds through music, profoundly changing lives and our community for the better. As generous donors, please join us in developing confidence, teamwork, problem solving, and discipline in our students, skills that will last them a lifetime. Paraphrasing the great violin instructor Shinichi Suzuki, our goal is not to develop professional musicians, but to make good citizens and build beautiful hearts.
MYSO cannot rely on fees alone to support its outstanding students and programs. Member fees cover one-third of the actual costs of our programs. Whatever amount you graciously donate will make a difference. Help us continue our policy of being open to all who wish to explore their musical talents, regardless of their ability to pay.
Milwaukee Youth Symphony Orchestra, Inc. is a 501(c)3 charitable organization. Gifts are deductible to the full extent of the law. Donors should consult their tax advisers about the deductibility of this gift.
Did you know…
- Nearly 50% of musicians represent populations of color
- Close to 40% receive financial aid
- 35% of enrollment are members/graduates of our Community Partnership Programs
- Financial aid ranges from $330,000 to $350,000 per year, increasing by over 2,000% since 2003
- Nearly 20% of members live in City of Milwaukee low-to-moderate income neighborhoods
How Your Gifts Are Used
Financial aid can include support for:
- Membership fees
- Private lessons
- Summer camps
- Transportation to rehearsals
- Supplemental training programs
- Sheet music
Each year, MYSO hires an independent research consultant to evaluate our research results related to social, emotional, cognitive, and musical skill development.
This allows us to quantify what your dollars resulted in. Statistically-valid, outcomes-based research of MYSO students and alumni affirm the life-long impact of program involvement. Our students experience continued personal, professional, and educational success during and beyond program participation.
Here are the conclusions:
- the evaluation was 95% statistically valid
- growth demonstrated in all student participants (in time-management, discipline, leadership, self-expression, and more)
- statistically significant growth in 59% of students
- 84% of students with gains in character skill development
- 68% with gains in cognitive skills
- 90% of participants with growth in musical skill
- 30% – 40% of students advance in emotional intelligence