how you can play your part
With your support, MYSO delivers participatory music education to 900 students yearly – including an increasing number of youths who otherwise don’t have access to it.
And our program promotes youth development through important cognitive, social, and emotional skills that students need more than ever — life skills they’ll use to succeed in MYSO and beyond.
With your support, we’re committed to serving students in need:
- 40% of our students receive financial aid
- 35% of our students are members or graduates of our Community Partnership Programs – which target city youths, including youths of color, in financial need
- In 2023-24, we’ll offer up to $511,000 in financial aid
and we're committed to promoting access, equity, diversity, inclusion in music:
- 50% of all our students are youths of color
- In Community Partnership Programs, 65% of students are youths of color
To meet the great and growing demand for life-changing youth music education – and to serve students who lack access to it – MYSO is expanding.
But we can’t do it without you.
We can’t rely on membership fees alone. Low and affordable, they cover only a fraction of students’ costs.
We need your support to keep the promises that we share for students, their families, and our community.
How to Get Involved
There are many ways for people just like you to make a difference in the lives of MYSO students. From financial contributions to volunteer service, we appreciate everything you do to help our students grow.
Find out how you can get involved with MYSO here!