Community Concert: Festival of Music, Part 1
Welcome to the 2021 Virtual Community Concert Series!
We are delighted to share MYSO’s 2021 Festival of Music performances as part of the 2021 Virtual Community Concert Series. We hope you enjoy this incredible concert featuring our dedicated musicians.
TO SHARE THIS EXPERIENCE WITH YOUR STUDENTS
Simply play the concert video below (under “WATCH FESTIVAL OF MUSIC PART 1 VIRTUAL COMMUNITY CONCERT”). Your students will see and hear not only top-notch performances, but receive fascinating information on the music, composers, instruments, genres, and more.
If you have any questions, please contact Sabrina Raber, Community Liaison, at email@example.com or 414-267-2949.
ENJOY THE SHOW!
WANT TO GET YOUR STUDENTS INVOLVED?
If you have students who are interested in being a part of MYSO, please click the “AUDITION INFORMATION” button to get more information about our auditions for 2021-22. Or refer a student who would enjoy the MYSO experience! For a printable flyer, click here.
WATCH FESTIVAL OF MUSIC PART 1 VIRTUAL COMMUNITY CONCERT
- CARL MARIA von WEBER, Overture to Der Freischutz: 6:01-16:06
- GEORGE FRIEDRICH HANDEL, Concerto Grosso in G Major, Op. 6 No. 1
- I: a tempo giusto: 16:07-18:09
- II: allegro: 18:10-20:37
- IV: allegro: 20:38-23:59
- GUSTAV MAHLER/arr. Carrie Lane Gruselle, Adagietto from Symphony No. 5: 24:00-27:30
- PERCY GRAINGER/arr. Sandra Dackow, Mock Morris No. 1, “Room Music “Tid-bits:” 27:31-32:17
- GEORGE FRIEDRIC HANDEL/arr. H. Voxman, March in B flat: 32:18-34:25
- PHILLIP SPARKE, Beethoven’s Greeting: 34:26-38:40
- ANTONIO CARLOS JOBIM/arr. Tim Rush, The Girl from Ipanema – 38:41-42:14
- PAUL ROLLAND/arr. Mervin Whitcomb, Berceuse: 42:15-44:20
- BRIAN BALMAGES, Burst!: 44:21-46:15
- JIMMY HEATH, Gingerbread Boy (Cornerstone combo): 46:16-50:05
- SONNY ROLLINS, Oleo (Drumset Trio): 50:06-54:03
- RICHARD WAGNER, Tannhauser Overture: 54:04-1:09:42