Dear Metropolitan Symphony Musicians,
We appreciate the well-attended and focused rehearsal last night.
Perhaps you ended up with an unexpectedly open day today with the ice storm cancellations….extra time for MYSO music individual practice!
Looking ahead to the Community Concerts on Thursday, it will be a day that will require extra organization:
- You will need to have everything necessary for success. We are taking our show on the road, and you will need to be self-sufficient with regard to your music, instrument, spare strings, valve oil, reeds, pencil, etc.
- We are riding coach bussesto Wauwatosa West HS in the afternoon. Large instruments will be safely stowed in the baggage compartments under the bus. We will carry our smaller instruments onto the bus with us.
- Don’t forget your proper concert attire! Track down your shoes, black socks or leg coverings, etc., so that you are ‘in uniform’ and comfortable for a long and busy day. You don’t want to be scrambling Thursday morning looking for things.
- You will need to pack a lunch, snacks, and beverages. It might be a tiring day, with two full concerts, two warm-up rehearsals, and travel time. Keep your energy up, so the afternoon show is even better than the morning performance at MYAC.
- Please arrive no later than 8:30 am, but not before 8:15am. We have a formal warm-up rehearsal at MYAC 8:45-9:45 am.
We look forward to seeing you on Thursday, and then again on Saturday and Sunday!