Dear Senior Symphony,
Thank you SO MUCH for the incredible welcome you gave to those young students yesterday. They were in awe of you, and I think they felt very excited to be part of the MYSO family!
Please review the schedule and what I would like you to prepare as homework for this Monday! Student Leaders, you will be guiding several sectionals on Monday, so think about how you want to approach this work.
Monday, September 13
- Report by 5:20
- 5:30-6:30 pm Full Orchestra Rehearsal
- 5:30 pm Tune and Announcements
- 5:35 pm Lord of the Rings (Oh yes!)
- 6:00 pm Review of Welcome Concert Material, etc.
- 6:40 pm String Musicians go escort String Orchestra kids to upstairs
- 6:45- 7 pm Welcome Concert
- 7:30-8:45 pm Sectional Repertoire
- Shostakovich (It’s the piece with the title in Russian that you can’t read…no the other one!) : ) Prepare Rehearsal #7-#25. Full orchestra will rehearse on Sept. 20. Quarter Note=144. Performance goal is around Quarter Note=170+ https://youtu.be/vOepDcYMoL0?t=139
- Prokofiev – Please work on Reh. #8-#18 in Suite 1, Mvt 1 Folk Dance. Full orchestra will rehearse on Sept. 20. https://youtu.be/OpMCCTAQYJA?t=77 (Brass Can certainly look at Suite 2, Mvt 1 Montagues and Capulets)
Woodwinds Shakespeare (Carter Simmons)
Brass Youth Arts Hall (Don Sipe)
Percussion Mahler or maybe with Brass in YAH
Violin 1 Lorraine Hansberry (Student Led)
Violin 2 Mozart (Paul Hauer)
Viola Stanislavsky (Student Led)
Cello Shostakovich (Student Led)
Bass Martha Graham (Student Led)
If you don’t have your music, go to the Senior Symphony Ensemble Member Page and print it out. Printed copies are already at MYAC for you.
Access it by logging in with:
Have a great weekend, everyone!