Saturday, January 13, 2024
Milwaukee Youth Arts Center
- performs as soloist, accompanied by members of their ensemble in their final spring performance of the season, unless otherwise notified.
Application and deadlines
- Please use the online application form at the bottom of this page and submit your information no later than THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 30.
- You will receive an emailed confirmation of your online application. Print out this email, and obtain signatures of the applicant, a parent, and the applicant’s private teacher.
- The signed email printout containing parent and private teacher signatures must be received in the MYSO office no later than THURSDAY, DECEMBER 7.
- scan and submit it here OR
- mail to/drop off at: 325 West Walnut Street, Milwaukee, WI 53212
- Private teachers may email Mr. Duffy in support of your application if you are not able to obtain a signature from your private teacher at this time.
- You will be notified of your audition time by January 1. Please call 414-267-2946 if you do not receive your audition time by that date.
- This competition is open only to musicians in MYSO’s Sinfonia; previous winners of the Sinfonia Concerto Competition are ineligible.
- Musicians may audition only on his/her instrument played in Sinfonia.
- Musicians must be in good standing and up-to-date with all membership fees in order to compete.
- Musicians who fail to show up for the competition without a phone call notification to the MYSO office at least 24 hours in advance of January 13 may be considered ineligible to compete in 2025.
- Memorization is preferred but not required.
- Musicians are expected to prepare the entire movement.
- Piano accompaniment is required. Families must make their own arrangements. Call our office if you need assistance.
- Musicians are expected to procure their own music. The MYSO office will not provide copies.
- Required repertoire:
Bach, Concerto No. 1 in A minor, mvt. 1
Haydn, Concerto in G Major, mvt. 1
Telemann, Concerto in G Major, mvts. 1 & 2 OR mvts. 1 & 4
Bach / Casadesus, Concerto in C Minor, mvt. 1
Haydn, Divertimento in D Major, mvt. 1 OR 2
Squire, Tarantella, Op. 23
Vivaldi, Sonata No 5, op. 14, 1st and 2nd mvts. (in Suzuki Book 5).
Marcello, Sonata No. 2, mvts. 1 & 2 OR mvts. 3 & 4
- MYSO is not able to guarantee audition times. Please note times that you can’t make.
- Consider your accompanist’s schedule.
- All MYSO concerto competitions will occur simultaneously on January 13.
Questions? Use this form.