APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS DUE Monday, January 15, 2024
The Interlochen Arts Camp (IAC) High School Music Summer Program is one of the most prestigious summer music camps in the country. Located on a beautifully wooded 1,200 acres in northwest Michigan, the 6-week program enables high school age students to work with an internationally-known faculty of musicians and conductors.
If you are interested in applying to Interlochen Arts Camp, please discuss this with your private teacher and your MYSO music director for guidance on how to prepare your audition material.
The Joanne W. Hulce Merit Scholarship supports MYSO musicians who have demonstrated the capacity to succeed in the exceptional opportunities made possible at the Interlochen Arts Camp High School Music Summer Program. One MYSO musician will be selected to receive a scholarship for full tuition (up to $10,000 maximum) for this program.
Contact Dan Duffy at firstname.lastname@example.org 414-267-2946 with questions.
- apply for and ultimately be admitted to the Interlochen Arts Camp High School Music Program
- be enrolled in MYSO’s Senior Symphony, Metropolitan Symphony Orchestra, or Philharmonia
- currently be in high school (grades 9-12)
- apply for IAC financial assistance
- be deeply committed to furthering their artistic experiences and education
- show outstanding interest, ability, and potential as identified by his/her MYSO music director and private teacher
- be contemplating a career in music
- intend to enroll in the full 6-week summer program
- Apply for and ultimately be admitted to the Interlochen Arts Camp High School Music Program. Interlochen has offered MYSO students a fee waiver for their 2024 Arts Camp application. Use code MYSS24 when you submit your application. (Interlochen application deadline is January 15, 2024; admission decisions are made in March). Click here for Interlochen Audition Requirements.
- Submit a MYSO 2023-24 Season Financial Aid Application; if you have not already completed this form for 2023-24, indicate so on the Hulce Scholarship Application form, and someone will reach out to you about how to submit this form.
- Apply for IAC financial aid.
- Submit video recordings of the following:
- one movement from a piece listed in the suggested audition repertoire list, or choose a piece of comparable difficulty
- one movement from an additional piece
- one major and one minor scale
Videos should be created and submitted in the same way as for the MYSO spring 2023 placement audition. Click here for instructions on making and submitting your video.
Selections of contrasting style and piano accompaniment, when appropriate, are recommended. Percussionists should demonstrate skills on each of the following: snare drum, mallet instruments, and timpani.
- Submit one letter of recommendation each (total of two) from:
- your private instrumental teacher and
- your music director at MYSO
The letters should address their perceptions of the student’s demonstrated outstanding interest, ability, and potential for success while enrolled at Interlochen.
Joanne W. Hulce Merit Scholarship Application
"*" indicates required fields